Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finding Opportunities

Practically all of us work in some way or another. Be it at home, in college (where you work towards getting enlightened in your chosen specialty), or for a social cause or for the most accepted of all at work. Yes, the remuneration varies in denomination, stature, status-quo, emotion, credibility, qualification and many other equally important and unimportant factors.
And while sitting at work wondering why I’m working and what I’m working towards achieving, I just thought why not record in writing my progression and digression from my chosen vocation….
Well, that seems to rhyme well! Anyway, like millions of other people on this planet I work for a living too and yes I’m remunerated quite well in that wonderful, enticing, magical paper that hits my account at the end of every slogged month, ensuring that I have food on the table at the end of the day. It would be a lie if I said that that’s’ all that I manage every month or that’s all I work for. Yes, there are the perks and millions of opportunities that I’m blessed with everyday to learn, unlearn, experience, contemplate, perceive and start all over again.
In the past few years I think I’ve metamorphosed into the ClickJobs' Happy Kumar. Because I’m too much in love with what I do that I just don’t even bother to look beyond my little window. There are a million little and big things that I enjoy and get from each workday. And so I was wondering what about the people who’re not really satisfied and hope to catch hold of that elusive opportunity that practically eludes them everyday…
I have a great job but I’m not too sure that the person sitting right next to me feels the same way about his job. That’s when I got thinking (a rare occurrence) why not start a blog where I’m hoping a lot of like-minded and far-more enlightened people can share their opinion about their experiences at work. Or even help people like me look beyond our chosen paths and maybe help find the perfect opportunity. I know it’s always there somewhere, right in front of our eyes but we rarely notice it…
So here am I, the Career Window, opening up my little window for the very first time, almost in rapturous joy waiting to take a peek at what I will find beyond the window to opportunities that I’ve just opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment